How We Works | International Education ConsultantsAugust 3, 2020 2021-05-10 13:53
How We Works | International Education Consultants
how we work
Rohit after finishing his bachelors had refrained from taking a job and had rather invested time in preparing for a competitive exam. Sadly, he wasn’t able to succeed in it and now wanted to pursue his second passion, business.
But with a gap in studies and no work-ex, this was looking extremely difficult, further, a low GRE added to this problem.
When he contacted us, Rohit had a lot of confusions!
- Firstly, he was very demotivated as he already had a gap year and thought he was lacking way behind other applicants.
- His school list included primarily Tier 3 schools as he was not feeling very confident in applying for the competitive schools.
- Lastly, he was in a dilemma of retaking his GRE again.
- We looked beyond the obvious and dug deep into his profile, concentrating on his achievements while in school and college.
- Here we found a string of activities he had been involved in since a young age. He was passionate about innovation and had several competitions and awards to his name.
- Once we figured out his skills our next step was to highlight the projects he was doing in parallel to his preparations.
How we Implemented it
We used the learnings here as a base to connect his passion for innovation with the activities he had pursued in school/college and other part-time pursuits he had enrolled in after graduating.
Further leadership skills and teamwork skills were explicitly highlighted by giving due credit to the activities he was involved in, which were varied and considerable.
We focused on projects he was doing in parallel with his studies, and built a story around pursuing innovative projects to drive bigger impact on society, this way we were able to present a different profile from the average applicant, which colleges appreciated.
To account for the gap after his bachelor’s, we highlighted a sustainability project he was doing alongside his studies and concentrated on why he took this pursuit up.
This helped account for the gap year after his bachelor’s and allowed us to fill a seemingly empty gap.